Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Prelude To Autumn


The darkness lingers longer in the early morning...
Along the tree line in the acreage at the back the flocks of starlings have begun their nightly ritual of high pitched birdsong.
The transition to another season is at hand...



Though the long, hot days of August are just a recent memory amidst the pickle canning, jam making and sauce cooking it is the simplicity of September and beyond I joyfully anticipate...

There have been auctions to work as well and hidden treasures to discover...



Several such goodies have me daydreaming just how I'll put them to wonderful use...




Looks like I have some tiny shoes to fill...



9 comments:

  1. Just Love your pretty header, autumn is a lovely time, but I am not so keen on the loss of light.
    Hugs Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the cool breezes of Autumn are tapping ever so lightly on our windowpane. Here, the leaves of the Ash trees are turning ever so quietly...with a wee flutter of gold tumbling softly to the ground.
    Your newly found treasures are delightful! I shall eagerly await the reveal of your marvelous daydreams...they shall be splendid surely!
    Wishing you much joy Susan...
    Judy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still clinging hold of summer, I'm not ready to give it up yet, though I'm noticing darker mornings and nightfall arriving a little sooner already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. and lovely shoes they are too, my friend! It sounds like you are relishing this time as I am. Autumn's treasures are life delights.
    sending hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  5. And how adorable those tiny shoes are! Hope you have a wonderful September :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly it feels like a fall day today but luckily it is supposed to warm up for another couple weeks. It comes too fast!
    xo Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love autumn even though we still have temperatures in the 90s:).

    Blessings,

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although summer has been glorious, there is always something new to enjoy with the start of autumn. Great photos, as always! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Susan, I can't wait to see you, and these darling shoes, N.xo

    ReplyDelete